Delaware House

Constructed during the first quarter of the nineteenth century, the Delaware House began as a two-story, five bay dwelling. The building was renovated in 1837 and then again in 1856 to accommodate visiting businessmen and merchants. Known as the Steamboat Hotel and then as the Delaware House, the hostelry lodged visitors until 1944, when the hotel was converted into a nursing home.

34 North Main St, Smyrna, DE 19977
39.301545 || -75.607210