Daniel Cummins, was a wealthy landowner, merchant and a patriot. He was one of the Delawarians who ratified the Constitution of the United States in 1787. The building has been dual commercial and residential property for a good portion of its existence, and was in the possession of the Cummins family from approximately 1771 until 1904. It’s not clear, even from the early deeds, to pinpoint the date of the building’s erection. It’s an example of early Federal architecture, but after many owners and tenants since 1908, the building has gone through declines and revitalizations.
39.301633 || -75.607647