Also known as:
The Barracks and Irishtown Worker’s Dwelling
According to local tradition, the Barracks housed soldiers during the War of 1812 and was the draft headquarters for the Union during the Civil War. The building exhibits several different style elements, such as a belt course (which reflects an early nineteenth century decorative treatment) and bracketed eaves (which suggests a late nineteenth century remodeling). One of the original “Irishtown” worker’s dwellings is located behind the museum. Saved from demolition in the 1950s, the Irishtown dwelling was originally located near North Main Street and Glenwood Avenue.
39.300449 || -75.606018