Smyrna Opera House / Old Town Hall. Designed by Smyrna native R. Mitchell, the Old Town Hall was constructed in 1869. As with many civic buildings of the day, Smyrna’s Town Hall housed several different uses, including the town’s Opera House. Additions to the Hall in 1887 allowed space for a Fire Department, Police Department, jail, and fraternal lodge. In 1948, the Hall’s third story and clock tower were destroyed by a fire set inadvertently by Christmas lights. Renovations resulted in a two-story flat-roofed structure; the Old Town Hall would remain that way for 55 years. The Smyrna Clayton Heritage Association unveiled the reconstructed third story mansard roof and bell tower in 2003.
39.297342790945 || -75.609027701973