Presley Spruance House

Originally a three-bay side passage plan, the Flemish bond facade of the Presley Spruance House now appears nearly symmetrical due to an 1830s expansion. The arched dormers were most likely added during this expansion to reinforce the idea of symmetry along the dwelling’s facade. The bracketed cornice and portico reflect a Victorian-era addition. Successful merchants known under the moniker of P&E Spruance, Presley and his brother Enoch purchased the property in 1818 from John and Susan Cummins. Presley Spruance, both a State Representative and Senator, served as a United States Senator from 1847 – 1853.

120 N Main Street
39.302426 || -75.607568